I love the original Big Barker dog beds for jumbo dogs who need abundant, long-wearing, well-made comfort. But those fantastic beds are not remotely “dog crate pads”.
But dogs of all sizes can need a thick in-crate support, which this new Big Barker option offers. Those dogs include:
- Older dogs who are now achy.
- Skinny dogs who need/want extra protection from hard surfaces.
- Recovering dogs whether from injury or surgery.
- Limpy or achy dogs.
- Dogs who spend many hours in their crate.
- Any dog who has a human who wants the best dog bed possible for them.
Big Barker must have realized all of these needs exist and answered the call. These dog crate mats are 4″ thick, made of high quality American foam, resist compression, removable covers, waterproof and made in the USA. They come in four sizes from small (30″ x 21″) to extra large (48″ x 30″).
From a trainer’s perspective, I especially like these because they lift dogs tender toes up above the gap under the gate of wire crate dramatically minimizing risk of toes catching there.
Now -caveat – I would not buy any luxury crate pad for:
- Any dogs who still chew or shred.
- Dogs with separation issues.
- Dogs who are dirty in their crates. (Big Barkers are all waterproof with washable covers but after a certain point a mess is just a mess. For dogs like that I buy inexpensive, easy to wash and dry fleece.)
- American made foam is highest quality you’ll find in a crate pad. Won’t flatten or pancake over time
- Orthopedic foam comforts joints & keeps your dog from touching hard plastic and metal in the crate.
- Cover is 100% waterproof and highly tear resistant. Protects against accidents, nesting, and digging
- Easy to clean, machine washable. Proudly Made in the USA.
Buy on Amazon